Tuesday 27 January 2009

All Arabs and Muslims aren’t evil- despite what TV says

My sister keeps having fun at our Mom’s expense by being upset about her dating, or at least claiming to date, Muslims or Arabs, which to our Mom is exactly the same thing.

As my sister pointed out on her blog (Sun 25/1/09), dating a Muslim/Arab is apparently dangerous- at least according to TV and movies, which according to many small-town Swedish people, is always a true reflection of how the world really works.

Can you imagine her horror when I, 10 years ago, called her from an island in the Caribbean to tell her I was marrying a Lebanese?!?

All worked out good, and I love my Mom, but a little less reliance in western media would go a long way. They’re not all evil!

1 comment:

Marie said...

I am sticking to the story that I'm dating a very nice Pakistani guy so if you speak to her, work with me! It is good for her!

On a different note, if I were to meet a very nice Pakistani bloke, I would have no problems what-so-freakin-ever dating him!