Tuesday 1 July 2008

The Loss of a Great Man

Yesterday my family and I suffered a great loss with the passing of my Grandfather. Rather than mourning his death I’d like to celebrate his life and the contribution he made- he was man who actually made this world a better place for so many people. His kindness and compassion was unsurpassed and somehow he always seemed to make a lasting impression on the people he met.

I always considered my relationship with him as very special and the hole he leaves in my sole is only filled by the good memories, the kids and grandkids he helped raising. I should be so lucky as to become even half the man he was.

Although sorely missed, I am also relieved that he finally found peace after so many years of pain and suffering. I only hope that my grandmother (whom I do worry about) will seize this ‘freedom’ from being a long-term caretaker and enjoy the rest of her life as best as she’s able.

May he rest in peace!

No comments: