Tuesday 2 December 2008

I received another hate email...

On the 14th of November I wrote about an Islamic preacher who got imprisoned for failing to divorce 82 of his 86 wives. I actually saw the comic side of this and made a comment that implied that a man must be nuts for having 86 wives when 1 seems to be hard work enough.

Little did I know that I would receive hate emails as a result of this- certainly not from two women (have received emails like this in the past though). I will say, however, that I have no regrets about what I wrote and I do not consider myself having insulted Islam.

In fact, in accordance with Sharia (Islamic law) it is illegal to have more than 4 wives, which is what the Preacher got charged and imprisoned for in the first place, so perhaps I’m not the one insulting Islam?!

Regarding my comment- I meant this to be a joke, and since it’s my joke I reserve the right to publish it on my blog- it will not be removed!

The Preacher had 4100% more wives than allowed- that’s the real insult. I thank you, Yasmeen and Taahira, for your comments and concerns.

No comments: