Monday 28 April 2008

Annoying Human Behavioural Phenomenon


It’s a human behavioural phenomenon I’ve never been able to fully understand- why do people complain and make such a big deal out of a particular TV show they thought was sooooo bad and that made them sooooo upset, or a particular scene that was soooo disgraceful, and they can’t believe that Station in question could put it to air, etc, etc?

Change the bloody channel!!! How hard can it be? If you order a steak in a restaurent but you simply don’t like the sauce, do you attack the chef?!?

This behaviour has been mastered by a particularly annoying co-worker of mine who hates pretty much everything I stand for. She has called me many things including: communist, fascist, racist, devil-worshipper, Tibet hater (that was the most recent one), chauvinist, anarchist, cold hearted asshole and Canadian (and shame on her for that one!).

Although she quite clearly hates my opinions, she religiously reads my blog! She also makes it her business to send me emails telling me how wrong and evil I am, and sometimes even come by my office to tell me in person.

Most people will testify to the fact that I am the type of person who appreciates a good debate, even a heated one, with a range of opinions- but this is just sad and ridiculous.

So lady, change the bloody channel!!!

No comments: