Tuesday 29 April 2008

Buying a new Mobile Phone- Demon, be gone!

As you may recall, I have experienced some hurdles in my pursuit of buying a new mobile phone. The Vodafone ‘expert’ lost out on the sale for reason you already know and Telstra lost out simply for being Telstra.

Time got critical as the demon in my current phone was taking the whole possession thing to a whole new level- the phone has a life of its own.

So rather than going to a store and talk to speech-impaired sales geniuses I got on eBay to have a look at some options. I immediately found a phone that looked interesting and as the seller, who also appeared to be a power seller, had a shop in Sydney I decided to give them a call. I was placed on hold for a few minutes which certainly did not impress me, but I figured a little patience could go along way. I got three kids- I know this to be true!!!

When a ‘living’ person finally answered, I asked if they had the particular phone in stock, to which the answer was “yes”. I then proceeded by asking him if he could tell me a bit about the phone to which he said “sure”, and started with the following information: “you can make calls on all networks both in Australia and overseas…”. I stopped him right there and said “Done”! That’s all I wanted to know, really.

My new phone will be here tomorrow- so on Friday I will be taking my current phone to the local Catholic Church for an exorcism and subsequent disposal!

A lesson to be learned for all you overly-pierced Vodafone ‘experts. Then again, perhaps I’m the old-fashioned fart who needs to get with times?! (Customer is always right though)

1 comment:

Marie said...

Wow. You should pass me the number, before another phone pass through Gweilo the dog